Friday, May 21, 2010

Silly Bandz

So we are finally back from Orlando and before we left to Orlando all I heard from both of my kids was that they wanted Silly Bandz..

What are Silly Bandz?

Silly Bandz or Silly Bands are silicone rubber band bracelets that come in various shapes including basic, zoo animal, pet animal, dinosaur, sea creature, holiday, alphabet, princess, western and (seasonally) swim suit. Each pack of silly bands contains 24 pieces in 6 different styles, with the exception of the alphabet pack which contains 36 pieces. These silly rubber band bracelets are fun for all ages!

I personally thought it was a girl thing but boy was I wrong!!! Both boys and girls are very into these rubber band bracelets.

What is so special about rubber band bracelets?

The silly rubber band bracelets are special in a very important way. You can slide these silicone bracelets on your wrist and, when you remove them, they pop back into their original shape! Is that cool or what?

Where to buy Silly Bandz?

Well, I have seen them at Toys R Us, Walmart, Walgreens, www.sillybandz.com and even to my surprise I saw them at Downtown Disney at Once Upon a Toy...

This is what some of the bands look like..



Before you buy..

Silly Bandz have taken the elementary school crowd by storm, becoming the hottest craze in classroom. But therein lies the question: should Silly Bandz be allowed in the classroom? Some school systems think not. Schools in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Massachusetts, and New York have gone ahead and banned the Bandz. The reason? They are too distracting.





My Preschooler (5 years old) took her bandz to school and had no issues.
I find that funny because my elementary school child (8 years old) went to school with 9 bands and came back with 2. Kids doing unhonest trades makes me realize that Silly Bandz are maybe fun for kids at home and at the park but should be kept away from schools to avoid issues and distractions..

1 comment:

  1. I saw an article about this on the today show... I think it's silly that they ban them! It's crazy! Interesting though.. I find it fascinating what is allowed these days. So different from when I was in school. Then again, that was 97 years ago!

    ReplyDelete