Monday, April 19, 2010

Yuck a rainy Monday :(

Okay so we woke up today to more rain :(
I got up at about 7:20am to make lunch for my husband..
Then got Tristin up and in the bathroom, while Tristin was brushing his teeth it was time to get Melody up and out of bed. This part today was a mission especially with the dark gloomy day outside. I finally got Melody up and dressed then finished up and got out the house.
My usually morning's consists of driving three different people to three different locations. Then I stay close to my daughter's preschool because she only goes to school for a 3 hours preschool program. I don't live close to the school so it is not worth it for me to go back home. During this time I either run errands or go to a free WiFi spot.

Yes, my daily routine totally SUCKS!!

I need to also make you aware that my daughter cries almost every morning since she started preschool.. She started on August 24, 2009 and cried every single morning till about mid November. Then every time they go on a break or have a day off, we go back to crying. It's not easy dealing with that because it honestly breaks my heart!

Today being Monday I tried a little something to make it easy on her and me. I let her bring down this red hair headband that I got her
over the weekend at the dollar store. She wanted her friends to see it and her teacher's so I let her wear it into the school building.
Once she walked in and all the kids made a comment she forgot all about me. I walked up to her and took it off but she was full of kids talking to her and asking questions that she forgot I was about to walk out.. It worked! I was so happy to walk out and not see her tears flow down her face. It felt good to give her a kiss and walk out to peace and quite, not a yelling and crying little girl saying how much she loves you.

While waiting for her to get out of school, I searched the Internet for things she has requested for her birthday.
She wants these hair clips of Disney Princess's "Ariel" is the one she mostly wants so a friend told me she had a friend who made them,
I am now waiting on her response before I move forward on purchasing them.

Other than that I picked up my daughter and they made me aware she had a good day at school. Teacher said she was writing number 5 with no broken lines nor help from anyone.. I am happy because she did not like to color or write.
My daughter has been having lots of trouble with school but I think she finally understanding the concept..
Last week she had a project about bugs so we worked together and picked out a total of 9 bugs (caterpillar, ladybug, butterfly, cricket, stick bug, widow spider, mantis bug, ant, grasshopper) to put on our display.

I spoke to her about each bug as we cut and pasted them on the black cardboard paper and she seemed excited. I questioned her before bed and she seemed to understand about each bug a bit more. The morning the project was due she got up and ready for school, grabbed her cardboard paper and held it in her hand the entire car ride to school. I dropped her off and wished her luck with a great big hug and kiss..

When I picked her up that afternoon the teacher stopped me at the door and told me that I would be very proud of her. The exact words were " when she takes control of something she loves, she is a true leader" as a mother I was so proud..

I was proud to hear that my daughter took control of her project and at 4 years old she was asked "if you were a bug what bug would you be?" she replied "a Beautiful Butterfly so that I can spread my big colorful wings" my daughter said that in front of the class? I was happy and hope that she continues to blossom at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment